Do I Need to Hire a Restoration Company?
If your home has been damaged by a flood or fire, it can be tough to decide if the damage is bad enough to need help with the restoration process. If you still are unsure after you read this post, give your local restoration service a call. A lot of the time they will come out and offer you a free estimate.
Signs You Need To Hire A Restoration Company
- You do not own the correct equipment to fix it yourself
- You do not know the steps to fix the damage
- You are unsure of how far the damage spreads
- The damage has been sitting for more than 24 hours
- You are too busy to fix it yourself
- Your insurance will pay for a restoration company
- There are signs of water damage in the walls
- The area that was affected is large
The Benefits: What Will A Restoration Company Do?
- Help you decide what is salvageable
- Get the job done quickly
- Prevent future in home problems
- Eliminate health concerns (mold, inhalant during clean-up, contaminated water, etc)
- Give expert advice
- Work with your insurance
- Restore your home back to normal
- Sanitize or remove areas with contaminants
- Remove mold if it has already set in
- Clean up after the restoration is done
What Questions Should I Ask Before Hiring A Company?
- Do they have a license?
- Is the company insured?
- What certifications do they possess?
- How long will it take them to get there?
- Do they have good reviews on Google or testimonials?
If you decide to hire a restoration company, you should call them immediately. The faster they can get to your home, the better. Then, call your insurance agent to make a claim. After that, the restoration company can work with your insurance agent to figure out the details. Check with your insurance company to see if a claim will affect your policy.